I don't want this blog to be a health blog, but its a part of the story. I did not sleep well...up every 2 hours or so. I got up thinking I was going to go on the All Day Dehli tour that I had signed up for but I knew fairly early on that it was a bad idea. The Dehli Belly had taken a predictable turn and I was now confined to be near a toilet. I did venture down and have a peanut butter and marmalade on toast sandwich. But I stayed in my room all morning.
Actually by lunch I started to feel a bit better and (probably pushing it) came down and had lunch (Chicken Noodle soup and a couple of slices of vegetarian pizza). I decided to give it a go and go on the afternoon tour of the Akshardham temple which also included "shopping." This was an over the top temple only recently built...no photos and no electronics could be brought in, but it was pretty spectacular. It is the world's largest comprehensive Hindu temple (Guiness Book of World Records). The Golden statue of one of the Hindu Gods alone was beyond belief...you'll have to trust me on this as I took no pics.
People said I wasn't looking so good, and they were right...my stomach started to feel bad..but I held it together as we went to a rug store (where we got a demonstration in how to make rugs). Then they put the sell on us (the rug they showed us was only $22,000). I headed back to my room and here I've been the rest of the night. No dinner with my team and a partner. No drinks with the boss or a friend. Just in my room. I just ordered a vegetarian sandwich...because my stomach is completely empty and we'll see how it sits. Tomorrow the work week really kicks in and I need to be 100%! But don't feel bad for me. A guy from NSA who sat next to me on the bus had the exact same issue except much worse yesterday. Better to get this over with now and be fine later on in the week.
Actually by lunch I started to feel a bit better and (probably pushing it) came down and had lunch (Chicken Noodle soup and a couple of slices of vegetarian pizza). I decided to give it a go and go on the afternoon tour of the Akshardham temple which also included "shopping." This was an over the top temple only recently built...no photos and no electronics could be brought in, but it was pretty spectacular. It is the world's largest comprehensive Hindu temple (Guiness Book of World Records). The Golden statue of one of the Hindu Gods alone was beyond belief...you'll have to trust me on this as I took no pics.
People said I wasn't looking so good, and they were right...my stomach started to feel bad..but I held it together as we went to a rug store (where we got a demonstration in how to make rugs). Then they put the sell on us (the rug they showed us was only $22,000). I headed back to my room and here I've been the rest of the night. No dinner with my team and a partner. No drinks with the boss or a friend. Just in my room. I just ordered a vegetarian sandwich...because my stomach is completely empty and we'll see how it sits. Tomorrow the work week really kicks in and I need to be 100%! But don't feel bad for me. A guy from NSA who sat next to me on the bus had the exact same issue except much worse yesterday. Better to get this over with now and be fine later on in the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment